Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - Day 6

We had a fairly slow morning today. We got up around nine, and it took us until 12 to eat breakfast and pack up camp.


We then headed into town to do a little more exploring. We checked out the musium and drove through old town. Yellowkinfe is a pretty little town.


We got on the road at about 3:30 pm. It was actually surprisingly hot for being so far north. I actually tink I got a little over heated that morning because I didn't feel very good all day. For the most part the ride was pretty uneventful. However, like most days, there is once experience worth noting.

While we were on the ferry, a bug must have crawled into my helmet. About 5 minutes after getting off the ferry, the bug started crawling on my ear. I VERY quickly pulled over and took off my helmet. That is one sensation I can do without repeating.

Other than that, it was a great day of riding. We go in fairly late so we made some dinner and are now headed to bed.

Start: 37,342 km - End: 37,868 km - Total Distance: 526 km

No comments: