Monday, September 15, 2008

So today Reg, my mom and I went out to my dad's accident site.


It is between Houston and Smithers. We try and get out there about once a year. And we like to go in the summer so that we can go on our bikes.


It was a gorgeous ride. Especially for being so late in the year. The above picture doesn't really show it, it was kinda cloudy at the site itself. But it was really hot and sunny most of the day.

We did a few things while we were out there. Reg cleaned up the site quite a bit. He brought out some clippers and cleared away all the weeds around the cross. Mom and I replaced the wind chimes that were out there and I brought out the tribute that I had made for my dad. We also took some pictures.


There is actually a huge ditch between the road and the site, so I had to set up the camera on my bike, hit the timer and RUN through the ditch and get into position for this picture to work. It took two tries, but it turned out pretty well. All in all a really great day with family.

Start: 41,474 km - End: 42,148 km - Total Distance: 674 km

No comments: